Planning this year’s Gladhander included many moments of uncertainty due to the continued coronavirus pandemic. In the end, though, we were not only able to hold a festive in-person event with more than 450 guests, we were also able to extend the event’s reach to hundreds more bidders online.
Thanks to you, we were able to achieve net proceeds of $424,068.
Raffle ticket sales were robust with 2,597 sold (slightly less than last year’s record number).
Early Bird $500
- Mitch Pasinski, Traverse City
$500 Cash Prize
- MaryLou Middleton, Traverse City
- Danielle Ehardt, Traverse City
- Sisters of Life, Suffern, NY
- John Lyman, Traverse City
- Michelle Brockie, Traverse City
- Linda Smyka, Traverse City
$1000 Cash Prize
- Michelle Cronin, Traverse City
- Jeff Pasche, Suttons Bay
- Bill and Jamie Kern, Suttons Bay
- Ryan Kennedy, Traverse City
Grand Prize Winner
- Michael Evans, Frankfort, MI – Chose $35,000
Gladhander proceeds are primarily directed to support GTACS teacher salaries and student scholarship opportunities. It is one of the longest-running school fundraising events in Michigan, with more than $13 million in earnings over 39 years in support of the Catholic school system. Gladhander represents a significant source of funding for the preschool through 12th grade parochial school system which is not taxpayer-funded.
Thank you for your support, and mark your calendar for our 40th annual Gladhander scheduled to take place on October 29, 2022.