Pope Paul VI said it best: “Modern man listens more willingly to witnesses than to teachers, and if he does listen to teachers, it is because they are witnesses. The more completely an educator can give concrete witness to the model of the ideal person [Christ]…the more this ideal will be believed and imitated.”
This principle guides our hiring practices, and not just for teachers, but for anyone who interacts with students. That means that the adults your child encounters on a daily basis are worthy role models.
St. Francis High School is seeking to hire a full time Philosophy and Ethics Teacher for the 2024-2025 School Year.
- Christ-centered individual with an active faith and prayer life
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Philosophy and Ethics
- Valid State of Michigan teaching certificate or in process of completing
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written with students, parents, and colleagues
- Enthusiasm and willingness to collaborate in professional learning communities.
- Proficient computer skills, St. Francis currently using Moodle, online grading book
- Organize, plan, and provide enriched instruction to students using the Philosophy and Ethics materials developed by Sr. Terese Auer, a Dominican Sister of St. Cecilia
- Engage in learning, professional development and curriculum updates.
- Uphold and support school-wide policies.
- Assist school leadership in other duties as requested.
Grand Traverse Area Catholic Schools (GTACS) is a parochial school system serving just over 1,000 students (Pre-School – 12th) in Traverse City, Michigan. It is a ministry of five local parishes – Christ the King, Immaculate Conception, St. Francis, St. Joseph, St. Patrick, and the Diocese of Gaylord. GTACS is comprised of three school facilities – Immaculate Conception Elementary School (Pre-School – 5th), St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Middle School (6th – 8th) and St. Francis High School (9th – 12th). Please visit our website for more details at www.gtacs.org.
Interested candidates, please send cover letter, resume, and references to Kecia Brick at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Immaculate Conception Elementary School is seeking to fill elementary teaching positions for the 2024/2025 school year. An active faith life, valid elementary teaching certificate and degrees are prerequisites for these positions. Qualified candidates please send resume and cover letter to Kecia Brick at email@example.com
We welcome inquiries regarding employment at our schools. Contact Eric Mulvany at firstname.lastname@example.org.