Pope Paul VI said it best: “Modern man listens more willingly to witnesses than to teachers, and if he does listen to teachers, it is because they are witnesses. The more completely an educator can give concrete witness to the model of the ideal person [Christ]…the more this ideal will be believed and imitated.”
This principle guides our hiring practices, and not just for teachers, but for anyone who interacts with students. That means that the adults your child encounters on a daily basis are worthy role models.
We welcome inquiries regarding employment at our schools. Contact Debbie Ritchie.
ELEMENTARY SCHOOL ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL – Immaculate Conception, Traverse City, MI
Immaculate Conception Elementary School in Traverse City, MI and part of the Grand Traverse Area Catholic Schools is seeking to hire an Assistant Principal who will effectively communicate and demonstrate enthusiasm for the mission of the Catholic Church. Candidate must be a practicing member of the Catholic faith, possess a master’s degree in Educational Leadership, School Administration, or an equivalent degree. A valid Michigan teaching certification is preferred with a minimum of five years classroom teaching experience.
Grand Traverse Area Catholic Schools (GTACS) is a parochial school system serving just over 1,000 students (Pre-School – 12th) in Traverse City, Michigan. It is a ministry of five local parishes – Christ the King, Immaculate Conception, St. Francis, St. Joseph, St. Patrick and the Diocese of Gaylord. GTACS is comprised of St. Francis Pre-school (3 & 4-year-old programs), Immaculate Conception Elementary School (Pre-K – 5th), St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Middle School (6th – 8th), and St. Francis High School (9th – 12th). Please visit our website for more details at www.gtacs.org.
- Be a practicing member in full communion with the Roman Catholic Church and dedicated to a quality Catholic school education.
- Be dedicated to the faith development and formation of staff, faculty, students, and parents.
- Possess a master’s degree in school administration or in a related field.
- Have knowledge of, and ability to, apply school administrative and management skills.
- Have at least five years of teaching or administrative experience, preferably with at least three years in a Catholic School.
- Have a strong commitment to the importance of the Catholic School ministry in the Church.
- Be a role model of faith for the school community.
- Advanced knowledge of the most effective educational practices.
- Excellent organizational, leadership and supervisory skills.
- Work in cooperation with local pastors and superintendent.
- Ability to lead faculty and staff in creating and maintaining a strong Catholic School culture.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies.
- Ability and experience with technology, strategic planning, enrollment, retention, and financial management.
- Willingness for ongoing training and development.
Interested candidates please send cover letter, resume, and references to Debbie Ritchie at email@example.com or 231-946-8100.
Saint Francis Preschool is seeking to hire a full-time preschool teacher. Candidate should have early childhood certification and willing to complete all licensing requirements through the State of Michigan for preschool. Candidate would be responsible for implementing early childhood curriculum and Catholic faith-based activities, oversee working with a classroom assistant, and working collaboratively with the preschool teaching team. firstname.lastname@example.org
Immaculate Conception Elementary is seeking candidates to fill PreK and elementary teaching positions for the 2023-2024 school year. Candidates should possess a valid state of Michigan teaching certificate or in the process of completing. Have a bachelor’s degree or higher in early childhood or elementary education.
All positions for both schools require the following attributes:
- Christ-centered individual with an active faith life.
- Be of strong moral character.
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written with students, parents, and colleagues.
- Enthusiasm and willingness to collaborate in professional learning communities.
- Organize, plan, and provide enriched instruction to students.
- Engage in learning, professional development, and curriculum updates.
- Uphold and support school-wide policies.
- Assist school leadership in other duties as requested.
Interested candidates please send cover letter, resume, and references to Debbie Ritchie at email@example.com.
Please let us know if you are interested in being a substitute teacher or an after school St. Joseph Club helper.