Academic accomplishments are just one of the ways in which a St. Francis graduate stands out. Strong standardized test scores lead to greater acceptance rates at leading colleges and universities. Students’ participation in extracurricular activities – athletics, arts and technology – fosters important life skills beyond the classroom. Best of all, critical thinking skills are honed against the backdrop of a Catholic worldview and amidst a culture of service.
WHAT MAKES OUR HIGH SCHOOL UNIQUE
- Fusion of faith and knowledge
- Emphasis on critical thinking, articulating ideas, and growing in discipleship
- Involvement opportunities – an environment in which students feel comfortable participating in a variety of activities
- Curriculum oriented toward ACT college readiness standards
- College preparatory track with Honors and (10) AP course offerings
- Academic assistance program
- Dual enrollment potential through Northwestern Michigan College and the Career Tech Center including the Manufacturing Technology Academy
- Class of 2021 average composite ACT score, 25.8
- Member, Catholic Education Foundation Hall of Fame
- Top 50 Catholic High School/School of Excellence past award recipient
- Opportunities for Christian service
- Weekly all-school Mass (Thursday), optional Chapel Mass (Monday – Wednesday), Adoration (Wednesday), Rosary and Reconciliation
- One of America’s Most Challenging Schools in the State of Michigan, via Washington Post past reports
- Chef-prepared, whole food lunches
- Family atmosphere
Learn why our school is so effective by attending one of our upcoming open houses. Then, learn about tuition, grants and the registration process.
WHERE FAITH COMES TO LIFE
Weekly Mass is celebrated most Thursday mornings at St. Francis Church. Students are encouraged to serve as lectors, Eucharistic ministers, cantors and servers. There are additional sacramental and devotional opportunities throughout the year, including Adoration, praying of the Rosary, Reconciliation and more.
EXTRACURRICULARS TO EXPLORE
St. Francis students have a myriad of ways to explore their talents through extracurricular activities. In addition to choir, band, the musical, and athletics, there are a number of organized clubs or group activities.
Phone: (231) 946-8038
Fax: (231) 946-1878