To help parents keep track of all the details relative to school, we use a student information system called FACTS (formerly RenWeb or ParentsWeb).
- School directory
- Emergency notifications
GETTING STARTED WITH THE FACTS STUDENT INFORMATION SYSTEM
Using a desktop or laptop computer (not your phone or tablet), go to https://gtv-mi.client.renweb.com/pwr/.
Click Create New Family Portal Account.
- Enter district code GTV-MI.
- Enter your primary email address.
- Follow instructions in the email that will be sent to you.
- Create a user name and password.
- Log in.
Both parents may have a primary email and can therefore have their own log-ins. We encourage ALL parents to create a FACTS user name and password.
SPECIFY PREFERENCES/UPDATE INFORMATION
Once you’re a FACTS user, parents should check their settings and make any necessary modifications to the data on-file. In addition to general communication, this information will be used to 1) populate the online family directory; 2) issue emergency notifications; 3) re-enroll students. Here’s how to change your preferences:
- Log into FACTS
- Click on the FAMILY INFORMATION tab
- Go to the ONLINE FILING CABINET
- Click on the CUSTODIAL PARENT FORM
Here you will find information that has been preloaded during Enrollment, and some fields which are currently blank. You do not have to fill in all the fields; however, the following information from this form will be visible in the family directory UNLESS you specifically block the information.
In particular, we ask that you verify/update the following:
- Cell phone
Next, please choose from the following options:
- Directory block: name, address, phone, email and cell – choose YES to prevent items from appearing to others
- Parent alert: home phone, cell phone, work phone – choose YES to receive notices at any/all of these options
- Parent alert, no text – choose YES if you do NOT wish to receive emergency notifications via text
CLICK SAVE to complete the changes
The app is intended primarily for current students and their families. You will need log-in credentials to access some features (grade book, attendance, etc.)
You may need to update your log-in credentials. The new GTACS app has more strict security settings. Because of this, an old password may not work, even though it has always worked on your other devices. The RenWeb Home app will eventually be discontinued, so we are recommending everyone migrate to the GTACS app.
Here’s how to change your password.
- Using a desktop computer, log into Family Portal
- Enter GTV-MI, your username (primary email address you use for school communications), and the current password
- Select your User Type (Parent / Student / Staff) and click Login
- Once logged in, click initials in upper right corner and click password
- Update the password