Power Up Cafe – (high school only)
For dining services questions, contact Karen Spencer at (231) 995-8454.
The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) is waiving certain requirements due to the pandemic, and the result is that all GTACS students are now eligible for free lunch.
While there are a few limitations, this means you are going to receive either a tuition credit or hot lunch account credit for meals since the start of the 2020/21 school year, and that you will not have to pay for qualified lunches for the balance of the school year.
A “qualified” free lunch for preschool thru 12th grade is a lunch tray with meat or meat alternative, grain, vegetable, fruit and/or milk.
- For K-5 students (where lunch is included in tuition) a $500 per student credit will be applied to your tuition account.
- For grades 6-12, lunch accounts will be credited for $3.58 per day for days on which school was in session (September 8-October 31). Exceptions: You will not be credited for a la carte or non-standard items such as Grab and Go (high school only), Guest Pizza (high school only) Aquafina bottled waters, Brisk beverages, chocolate milks, second servings, or breakfast items.
We are asking all families to carry this lunch credit forward until the end of the school year, at which time you will have the option of requesting a refund check OR applying the credit to next year’s lunches.
Those who received free or reduced price lunches will receive pro-rated credits based on any amounts paid.
- Qualified lunch for students in any grade level, FREE
- Paid alternatives and add-ons:
- Middle school students: Bottled waters $1.50, SoBe water $2.00, second helpings at $2.25.
- High school students: Grab and Go lunches (different menu, larger portion sizes) $4.50, Guest Pizza $5.00, Aquafina bottled water, $1.50, Brisk and Lipton Tea $1.50, Chocolate Milk (14oz) $2.00, second helping $2.25; breakfast items $2.00-$4.00
Parents please communicate this to your grades 6-12th students and ask them to make their lunch choices according to your family’s preferences.
We hope you find the free lunches a welcome bit of news.
If you have questions, please contact Dining Services’ Karen Spencer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 995-8454 or our business manager Deb Quinlan at email@example.com
Students may pay as they go, or prepay for lunches by check or an electronic payment service, sendmoneytoschool.com.
Student lunch included in tuition for K-5
Student lunch for grades 6-12 (includes milk)
Grab-n-go (a hearty entrée for the larger appetite – high school only)
|Additional items are available a la carte|
LUNCH DUTY – * On Hold Due to COVID-19 Precautions
Another example of our partnership with our parents is in the area of dining room/playground supervision. All families will be assigned at least three days of lunch duty throughout the school year, but we are also in need of “regular” volunteers to fulfill shifts early in the year or when someone needs a substitute. Please contact Holly Schurg to volunteer.
If you cannot make your scheduled day, please call and switch with another parent or send in $15 with at least 24 hours advance notice for the school to find a sub. In case of sickness or emergency, call the office ASAP. No shows will be charged a fee. Thank you!
STUDENT LUNCH/RECESS TIMES – To Be Determined for 2020/21
|6th (Mass Days)||11:04-11:35 (11:15-11:55)|
|7th (Mass Days)||12:32 – 1:01 (12:35 – 1:15)|
|8th (Mass Days)||11:48 – 12:19 (11:55 – 12:35)|
LUNCH DUTY CALENDARS
CARLINE CATERING (DINNERS TO-GO)
Busy families can also opt to order evening meals to-go via Dining Services Carline Catering service. Order by Tuesday, and pick up your family-sized meal on Thursdays when you pick up your child. Reheating instructions are provided. Costs vary depending on the entree. Many families find this service very valuable during busy school days.
To order, use this Google form: Car Line Catering
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Eligible families can find the location of free meals for students during the summer months by following the instructions below:
Other options for families:
Call 211 and find out where the closest SFSP site is to your location
Text food to 877-877 and respond to the text with your location and you will receive a text with the closest SFSP sites