Two different types of bussing are available to GTACS students – interschool shuttles, and the public schools’ neighborhood bus transportation system.
INTERSCHOOL SHUTTLE SERVICE
If you have students enrolled in more than one school, you might want to sign up for one of our convenient interschool shuttle services. For $250 per year, your student can choose from the following options:
- During the building transition period, fifth graders can utilize the intercampus shuttle free of charge. All other students pay $250 per year to TCAPS to take advantage of this convenient service.
- In the mornings, the shuttle bus leaves from Holy Angels/St. Francis and goes to St. Elizabeth Ann Seton; route is reversed in the afternoon
After the new school is open at Immaculate Conception, the following shuttle options will be offered:
- Immaculate Conception > St. Elizabeth Ann Seton – reverse route in afternoon
- Holy Angels/St. Francis > St. Elizabeth Ann Seton – reverse route in afternoon
- Immaculate Conception > Holy Angels/St. Francis > St. Elizabeth Ann Seton – reverse route in afternoon
NEIGHBORHOOD BUS SERVICE
If you live in an area served by Traverse City Area Public Schools, you can take advantage of neighborhood bus transportation options.
- To and from GTACS school, students ride a TCAPS bus to a transfer station
- To and from their home, students ride the bus alongside TCAPS students
Note: Sometimes, all a student needs is to ride to the transfer station near their home (for example, if your family lives near Central High School, the student could walk the remainder of the way home or be picked up by a family member from the transfer station.)
CHANGES TO BUS SERVICE
If your student rode the bus last year and there are NO CHANGES to their transportation plans, you do not need to do anything to enroll for fall. You will be able to access updated route information via the TCAPS website in late August.
If something has changed (e.g., your contact information or address) or if you are NEW to riding the bus (e.g., you want to use the neighborhood bus or shuttle service next year, but did not use it this year), please fill out a transportation request form and follow the directions for submitting it.
St. Elizabeth Ann Seton grades 6-8 only: If you will be using the Shuttle Service, forms and $250 payment is due June 1.