If you want your child to attend Catholic schools, we do, too. If you care deeply about education, if you value the fusion of faith and reason, and if you want your child to be part of a nurturing, Christ-centered community, you’re in the right place. Now, you’re probably wondering, what will it cost, and can our family afford it?
First, let us assure you: Our schools are worth their price. Second, let us implore you: Do not let financial concerns be the reason you don’t apply. We are willing to work with your family to determine a mutually agreeable financial arrangement.
- Tuition ranges from $6,335 to $7,725 (2017/18) for the first child
- Families with additional children pay less – substantially less in families with 4 or more children
- In grades K-2, tuition rates include daily hot lunch
Sacrifice? Yes. For most of our families, tuition is a significant part of the family budget. But that just means that they place a high value on their child’s spiritual and academic formation, and are willing to forgo some of life’s luxuries in exchange for a strong foundation in both faith and knowledge.
In order to make it possible for every family who is willing to enter into a partnership with us to receive a Catholic education for their child(ren), GTACS offers a variety of tools.
For families for whom tuition represents a financial difficulty, scholarships in varying amounts are available. In fact, about 35% of all students receive some level of financial assistance, so don’t hesitate to apply. Applications are reviewed by an independent, third party and family financial information is held in strict confidence.
To make tuition payment more manageable for families, a variety of payment plans are offered.
- ANNUAL LUMP SUM PAYMENT Due to Business Office by July 1.
- EAST TRAVERSE CATHOLIC FEDERAL CREDIT UNION (ETCFCU) LOAN A 10- or 12-month loan option at approximate 4% interest, first payment is due in July, last payment is due in April or June. Form must be submitted with Registration paperwork.
- FACTS MANAGEMENT MONTHLY PAYMENT PLAN A 10- or 12-month option with a flat $150 fee, first payment is due in July, last payment is due in April or June. Sign up online.
- YOUR TUITION SOLUTION (YTS) A long-term loan (varying terms available depending upon applicant qualifications).
TUITION REDUCTION INCENTIVE PROGRAM (TRIP)
Turn ordinary household purchases into tuition savings with the TRIP program. Simply purchase SCRIP (gift cards or certificates) to be used at participating vendors. The merchant sells the SCRIP to the school at a discounted rate, and the difference is shared with you in the form of tuition savings. Many families save hundreds or even thousands of dollars off their annual tuition in this way.
Sometimes, families face temporary cash flow problems or unexpected financial situations. Select local financial institutions offer reasonable rates on loans to families who wish to finance their child’s education.
To encourage families to make the “leap of faith” to our Schools, we make this offer: We will refund the past year’s tuition to any new family with a child in grades K-3 who feels the School has not fulfilled its mission of partnering with families to develop each child to his or her fullest spiritual and academic potential. Contact the Business Office for complete details.